Subject: Re: Amiga LW speed
From: Vance Schowalter <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 18:44:27 -0700

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> I think the speed of Amiga LightWave will be basically the same as with 4.0.
> This IS a major issue for us, but our options are limited. The compilers
> available for the Amiga are very outdated and/or generate buggy code.
> 
> If you can entice someone to write a great new Amiga C compiler, we--and
> countless, loyal, vocal Amiga users--would be most grateful.
> 
> David Hibsher
> Technical Writer, NewTek

The current C++ compiler endorsed by Amiga Technologies is StormC++. A 
working demo is available on AmiNet. The makers of StormC++ are going to 
be releasing their PowerPC version by this season's 3rd quarter.

I have SAS/C, and the StormC++ demo, and I have to say that I prefer the 
StormC++ environment much more than SAS/C. And, unlike SAS/C, StormC++ is 
under very active development. It's being used to port the next AmigaDOS 
to the PowerPC chip.

Download the demo and try it out. The price is right for taking a test 
drive with it. *8^>

Vance

-------------------------------------------
|    Vance Schowalter >>Image Master<<    |
|  E-mail: [email-masked]  | 
|     "Affable little snow creature."     |
------------------------------------------|  
|              Ren & Stimpy:              |
|    "Yeah, sure, everybody loves you!    |
|   People always love the stupid one!"   |
-------------------------------------------